Hello there, my dear friends! As you would have noticed (or maybe not if you’re new here, and in that case, HI THERE! My name is Sarah, I write book reviews and I suck at graphics! Pleased to meet you.) I have new graphics and a new theme and a new header! Everything is new! Well, except for my bad jokes. They’re here to stay. Sorry.
Why do I have new graphics and a new theme and a new header, you might be wondering? Two reasons:
- I was kind of sick of my old style. I wanted to try something new and be COURAGEOUS in my choices and REFUSE TO STAY INSIDE THE METAPHORICAL BOX THAT ALL TEACHERS TALK ABOUT.
- But mostly it was because my friend Paul (a.k.a. The Galaxial Word) kindly offered to help me out and design me practically a new blog! Well, when I say ‘offered’, I really mean finally relented to my constant nagging that I NEEDED NEW GRAPHICS. Thanks, Paul. You’re the best.
AND! I have some other news! From now on, I’m going to be posting other random thoughts on this blog, not just book reviews. And OF COURSE they’ll all be book-related. Books are my life.
So basically, I just wanted to inform you of the new and exciting things that will be happening on my blog and what has already happened.
- I now review out of five, instead of ten
- My rating system is made of TEACUPS – how cute?!
- Keep an eye out for my non-book-reviews which will be posted at COMPLETELY RANDOM TIMES
- But most importantly: YES, THIS IS MY BLOG. Please don’t think you’re on the wrong site. This is it. Please. Stay with me.
ALSO! Make sure you check out Paul’s blog – The Galaxial Word – because it’s the most amazing thing ever. His graphics are TO DIE FOR.
And to answer my question – ‘Aren’t graphics overrated?’ – NO, THEY AREN’T! A good set of graphics and a thought-out theme can be the difference between an okay blog and a really fantastic blog that gets people coming back for more. Take it from someone who knows. And by that, I mean Paul.