Firstly, I’d like to give a huge thank you to Addlepates and Book Nerds for nominating me for this award!
Here’s how it works:
- Write seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 others to do the tag.
- Let them know you tagged them!
Okay, so I should probably tell you now, a few days ago I was asked to come up with one interesting fact about myself and I struggled, so seven might be pushing it a little, but I’ll do my best! Here goes…
1. I wrote a book over the summer, even though I’d never show it to anyone yet because it’s only my first draft! But I want to keep redrafting it and my dream is to one day get a book published. Dare to dream!
2. I’m a very emotional person and I’ll cry in almost every book I read. I really like that because it tells me that if I cried, I was connected and invested enough in a book to do so. If I cry in a book, I’ll generally love it.
3. I have done subjects at school purely because it might come in handy when writing a book one day. Those subjects are Legal Studies and Psychology. Maybe one day they’ll be useful.
4. After reading a book – I honestly can’t remember which one – I’ve never said ‘too’ at the end of ‘I love you’. The character in that book pointed out how the ‘too’ made the sentence sound obligatory and from that moment on, I’ve never said ‘I love you, too’. Has anyone ever read that book? Please remind me which book that’s in!
5. Even though I’m willing to give pretty much every book a chance, I’m very quick to abandon ship with TV series. I’ll watch one episode and then decide it’s not for me. Sometimes I wish I could have more patience with them so I could decide if I really liked it before just picking up a book and never getting the chance to join a new TV fandom.
6. I would love to live in both London and Brooklyn sometime. London simply because I love everything British and Brooklyn because so many authors live there! I’ll just wander the streets of Brooklyn hoping to bump into the authors I love and then just happen to go to their local coffee shop every morning… I’m not creepy, I promise! Please love me, authors!
7. I have a part time job in my favourite book shop and – funny story – one time I was stamping the book shop logo onto brown paper bags when this man came up to me. He said, ‘Hello! Good morning, oh, afternoon!’ and I’m thinking, Why are you in such a good mood? Like, I love book shops too, but you’re so happy! Anyway, then the man said, ‘I’m here to sign some books.’ And I asked him, ‘What books?’ And he said like I should know, ‘The Rosie Project and The Rosie Effect.’ Immediately, I got that kind of star-struck feeling I get when talking to famous people. At that moment, my colleges came to my rescue and handed him a massive pile of his books. I don’t think I would have been able to move because I was staring at the author of The Rosie Project! Okay, I haven’t even read those books and I was still affected by his author-presence. Anyway, he was signing books and I may have been staring at him. He looked up at me and said seriously, ‘You know, it’s really frustrating having to flick four pages into the book instead of one to sign it because I’ve got all this praise for my books.’ I said back, equally as serious, ‘Yeah, it must be really hard being a bestselling author.’ And then he left and I was back to stamping my paper bags, dreaming of the day I have my first book published…
Well now you know seven things about me you probably didn’t already know, now it’s time to nominate 15 other worthy bloggers! Let’s get started…
6. Book Journey
13. Read What I Like
15. Chrissi Reads