I was thrilled to see that I had been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award! Okay. I have to admit something. I was nominated for this award almost a week ago by https://geekandbooknerdsite.wordpress.com/2014/04/18/the-liebster-blog-award/. A week! I know, I must be a terrible person. I know, I should feel ashamed of myself. The thing is, I’ve been completely flat out this week and have literally had no time spare until now. I’m sorry, Geek and Book Nerdsite. I wasn’t ignoring you. I’m so happy to be nominated for this award and I would like to thank you so much!
Anyway, here goes!
- Write 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions that have been asked by whoever nominated you.
- Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers with less than 300 followers – you cannot re-nominate the person who nominated you.
- Go to their blog and tell them they have been nominated!
11 Facts About Me…
Oh no. Am I interesting enough to have 11 facts about myself? I guess both you and I are about to find out…
- Apart from reading and book blogging, another one of my hobbies is buying books. But I don’t just mean buying books when I want to read them. I mean buying books either for their pretty cover or buying books that I won’t end up reading for at least half a year. Why? Firstly, I get a ton of my books from a library. I read them, and then if I like them, I will buy a physical copy of the book from a bookstore so I can have it on my shelf. Then I can always go back to it and read my favourite parts. Another reason why is because some books just have amazing covers. Sometimes I don’t actually like the book itself, but I like the cover, so naturally, I want it on my shelf. Bad habit. I have almost 250 books in my room and I probably haven’t read 100 of them yet!
- My favourite food to snack on in frozen peas. Yep. The peas are still frozen. It’s not that there isn’t anything else to eat in the house, it’s that I actually like to eat them. I eat them when I’m reading… I eat them when I’m watching TV… Just whenever. No wonder my friends think I’m weird…
- I love Troye Sivan. He’s amazing. I completely love his YouTube videos and have probably seen each one at least 20 times. I may be a little obsessed. He’s so good at singing and my favourite song is currently The Fault in Our Stars by Troye Sivan. Oh, and I just bought a Troye t-shirt.
- Half of the fun about going to the cinema to watch a movie for me isn’t seeing the movie itself, it’s seeing the trailers. I absolutely love trailers. I love watching what movies are coming up and I especially love watching trailers for movies that I know are coming up, like TFIOS. I’m so excited!
- Every book that I own that has been made into a movie I own on DVD. This includes: The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Safe Haven, Beautiful Creatures, City of Bones, The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, The Host, Warm Bodies, Now is Good (Before I Die) and all the Twilight movies. And I’ve already pre-ordered Vampire Academy and Divergent from my local DVD shop.
- I’m Team Gale. Not Team Peeta. And everyone I know is Team Peeta. Except this one guy, who’s Team Finnick. Is that even a thing? My friends ask me, Have you even read the books? Of course I have! Okay, Peeta is sweet and funny and all, but after what happened in the last book, I just can’t get over that. I love Gale and he and Katniss are just such good friends. They’ve known each other forever and I just wished that would turn into something more than just friendship.
- I love horror and thriller movies. Absolutely love them. Just something about being so scared that I have to curl up into a ball with a blanket around me is so fun! I’m not joking. My favourite horror/thriller movies are The Call and The House at the End of the Street.
- Out of all the books I’ve read, if I were to get married to one of the male characters from a book, it would be Jace. Jace is hilarious and witty and there would never be a dull moment with him around. Plus, he’s a Shadowhunter, which is pretty awesome!
- I love writing. I’d absolutely love to be an author someday. I’d write Young Adult Fiction books. I love to enter short story competitions and some of my stories are on my ‘Short Stories’ page. I’d love it if you could check them out and comment!!
- I cry very easily. I cry when I’m sad, angry, happy, frustrated… basically all the time! Which means, I often cry when I’m reading books in public. Which happens to be a lot of the time. One time, this lady came up to me and asked me if I was okay. I told her that I was just so sad and angry and frustrated that this person had died. She said: Aww, sweetie. Were you close? I sobbed: She was my favourite character! After that, the lady just said ‘You’ll live’ and walked off. Talk about compassionate!
- If I was going to become any female character out of any book, I would choose to become Nora from Hush Hush. That’s because 1. Patch would be so good-looking and kind and absolutely amazing to be with. And 2. Vee would be an awesome best friend. I know that tons of bad stuff happens to Nora, but that happens in every book. At least I’d have Patch by my side!!
The questions I was asked…
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
When I was in Year 9 at school, we had to choose to do a project for the whole year. It was compulsory that we spend at least 40 hours on whatever we decided to do. I was thinking of either doing book reviewing on YouTube, learning sign language or learning to speak Welsh. Then I discovered book blogging, which is what I decided to do. Ever since starting that project, I’ve continued book reviewing on my blog and I love it!
2. What’s your favourite book series?
Hmmm. That’s a really hard question. Series. I’m going to have to say the Shatter Me series. I completely love those books and most importantly, it has a perfect ending to the series! And Ignite Me is the only book that I’ve given a perfect score of 10/10 to. If you haven’t read Shatter Me, you must!
3. Who is your favourite author?
Ooh. Another hard question. It’s between Veronica Roth, Cassandra Clare, John Green and Richelle Mead. I think it would probably be Richelle Mead. She is the person who has made me laugh out load and cry the most whilst reading her books. I completely love both the Vampire Academy series and the Bloodlines series. I can’t wait for the release of Silver Shadows!
4. If you could have a meal, with three people dead or alive, who would it be?
Steven Moffat. For those of you who don’t know, Steven Moffat is the genius who currently writes most of the stories for Doctor Who and Sherlock. I love British TV! The second person would be Veronica Roth. I won’t spoil it for those of you who haven’t read Allegiant or haven’t already been spoiled, but I would like to ask Veronica what was going through her mind when she decided to do the evil thing she does in Allegiant?! I was depressed for a week afterwards!! The third person I would like to have a meal with would be Troye Sivan. He’s just so funny and seems like a genuinely kind and nice person. After arguing with Veronica Roth about how she ended Allegiant, I will need someone to cheer me up, and Troye would be that person.
5. Whose your favourite book boy?
Jace. Jace, Jace, Jace! I can’t express how much I love Jace! I completely love his personality and everything else about him!
6. What was the first book that inspired you to continue reading?
Hush Hush. I read this book I think four years ago? Anyway, I have this friend who is completely obsessed with reading. Like I am now. Anyway, she introduced me to Hush Hush and told me to read it. Once I’d read it, I simply had to read the next books in the series! After that, Martine introduced me to many other great series. Hush Hush was the book that really got me into reading and I’ve been obsessed ever since!
7. Favourite book to movie adaptation?
Catching Fire. The Hunger Games movie was good, but I think we can all agree that Catching Fire was so much better. I don’t even need to explain it. All I will say is, if you haven’t seen Catching Fire, where have you been? Go and watch it right now!
8. What’s the one piece of advice that a book has given you?
Be thankful for the little infinity you’re given. I learnt that from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. From that book, I learnt that I should make the most of everything we’ve got because none of us know how long we have to live, so we have to be happy now.
9. Favourite classical author?
I actually don’t know. I hardly read classics. My favourite genre is Young Adult, so I tend to stick to that. I know, I should read different genres, blah blah blah. I read some Adult books, some New Adult. Does that count? I haven’t read many classics at all. I read To Kill A Mockingbird in Year 10 and I own A Tale Of Two Cities (mainly because I wrote in what Will wrote to Tessa from The Infernal Devices in the front of my copy!). Hold on. Does The Adventures and Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyal count as a classic? Well my favourite classical author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyal.
10. If you had to live the life of an author for a week, who would you choose?
I would choose to live as John Green. Actually, it might be a bit weird to be a man… I would choose to live as Rainbow Rowell. It must be so nice to be her. She writes such lovely books, so she must live a lovely life. I don’t actually know that much about her, but it’d be cool to be her for a week.
11. Vampires…: Do you fight them? Join them? Or fall in love with them?
Fall in love with them. 100%. Have all of you read the Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series? Not to mention that a certain someone in The Mortal Instruments is a vampire! I love them completely. ADRIAN!!! ❤
The blogs I nominate… Sorry to those blogs who have more than 300 followers!
My questions for those who I nominated:
- If you were stranded on a desert island with one book character, who would it be?
- What is your favourite book genre?
- Who is your book boy?
- If you were trapped in a dystopian future, which one would it be?
- Do you watch book reviews on YouTube? If so, what channel?
- Would you rather be a tribute for the Hunger Games, go through Dauntless initiation or live the life of a Shadowhunter?
- What is your favourite book to movie adaptation?
- What is the book that has taken you the most time to read?
- What is the book that has taken you the least time to read?
- Who is your favourite author?
- Have you ever met any famous authors? If so, who?